Please be sure to read the Updated Covid Mitigation Efforts in HCPSS Schools for the most up to date information from the county.
My student is absent for un-related illness or COVID reasons:
- Please email our attendance email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name, the reason for the absence, and the date they will be out of school.
- If the absence is excused, your child will have the same number of days they are out to make up all school work according to HCPSS Policy 9010.
- All other absences will be considered unexcused if they do not meet the guidelines of HCPSS Policy 9010, for excused absences.
My student is experiencing illness symptoms:
Keep your child home, please.
Please email our attendance email address: email@example.com with your child’s name, the reason for the absence, and the date they will be out of school.
Please email our nurse, Laura Smith, at Laura_Smith1@hcpss.org if you need further guidance about when your child may return to school based on their symptoms.
Students with illness excused absences from school can access assignments on Canvas.
My student has tested positive for COVID 19:
- Keep your child home from school.
- Notify our school nurse, Laura Smith, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information: your child’s full name, date of their positive test; a picture of the actual test and/or result is preferred.
- Ms. Smith will advise you on necessary isolation dates based on current guidelines.
- If you have further questions about whether or not your child should quarantine, please contact Ms. Smith.
- A school staff member will reach out to you regarding detailed instructions to access assignments and to offer academic support.