PTSA Virtual Meeting, January 9 at 7 pm - Google meet code: FQMSPTSA23
FQMS Choral Concert @ RHHS, January 10 at 7-8 pm
FQMS Band Concert at RHHS, January 11 at 7-8 pm
FQMS Spelling Bee, January 11, 7:40 am
Schools & offices closed January 16, MLK, Jr. Day
PTSA Fundraiser at Red Bird Bar & Grille, January 17, 4 pm
Schools close 3 hours early, Wednesday, January 18
End of Marking Period for Quarter 2, January 20
Schools closed for Students January 23, Professional Work Day
PTSA Snowflake Dance, January 25, 2:30-4:30
Folly Quarter News
Second quarter closes on Friday, January 20. Please make sure your student is up to date on all assignments by checking Canvas. Any student taking a high school credit course will be required to take a midterm exam the week of January 17 - 20.
A friendly reminder to ensure your student is bringing their charged Chromebook to school every day. Starting in the new year, if a student forgets to bring their Chromebook to school, they will no longer receive a loaner. Instead, they will use a desktop in the media center when they have a digital assignment. HCPSS has changed the process for receiving replacement Chromebooks and the FQMS loaner inventory is often low. We need to prioritize loaners for those students with broken devices awaiting repair.
- Absences - Absence notes must be received in writing (email or note) from a parent/guardian within 5 days of an absence. Please send all attendance correspondence to: FQMSabsence@hcpss.org.
- Late Arrivals - Students must be in first period by 7:40 am. Please make sure your child is accompanied into the building by either an adult or a note explaining the reason for the late arrival.
- Early Dismissal - If you have to take your child out of school early, please email FQMSabsence@hcpss.org, send your child in with a note for the front office. You MUST present your driver’s license when you arrive. A work ID is not valid.
- For Discretionary Absences (up to 3 per school year) see the form here. Please email the completed form to: FQMSabsence@hcpss.org.
- For Religious Observances see the form here. Please forward this completed form to: FQMSabsence@hcpss.org.
HCPSS Student & Parent Handbook
for the county's 2022-23 handbook
Sign-Up to get Email or Text Communications from FQMS & HCPSS
to sign up or manage your subscription